- Hotel-Specific TV Channels: custom hotel TV channel like the Royal Hawaiian Channel for example, are televised 24 hours a day in hotels on Oahu, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island. Hotel specific channels are offered in English, Japanese and Chinese. Our flagship resort partners include Hilton, Starwood and Ko Olina.
- Island-Specific TV Channels: our first being Oahu’s Real Hawaii TV. Real Hawaii TV is an Oahu destination channel that is watched in over 24,000 rooms on the island. Real Hawaii TV provides advertisers with viewers looking for unique events, activities and shopping during their stay.
Viewer Demographics: Hotel Guest TV Viewing Habits
According to National Network Affiliate research:
- 75% of all travelers, out-of-home viewing averages 3 hours per day!
- 80% of English speaking and 90% of Japanese speaking visitors watch in-room visitor programming according to Market Trends Pacific Research.
- Hotel guests claim that, next to the bed, the television is the most important amenity in the room, with most visitors leaving it on constantly except when they leave the room or go to bed.
- 72% of hotel guests surveyed said that their reason for watching visitor channel programming was to seek out information about local restaurants and shopping options.
Hawaii Visitor Statistics
According to Hawaii Tourism Authority:
- A record 8.3 million visitors came to Hawaii in 2014.
- The average length of stay was 9 days.
- The average party size traveling to Hawaii was 2.14 people.
- 59.7% of people travel independently to Hawaii.
- 82% of visitors came to Hawaii for vacation, honeymoon or to be married.